Pharmacy Technician Kansas

Spread the love

If you have thought about becoming a pharmacy technician in the state of Kansas, this is where you want to start by learning the different regulations.

Are Pharmacy Technicians Regulated In Kansas?

Yes they are regulated.

Does Kansas Require Certification To Practice As A Pharmacy Technician?

No, they do not. Although national certification can still bring with it plenty of perks.

Which Of the Certification Exams Are Approved By Kansas?

The ICPT (ExCPT) and the PTCB (PTCE).

What Are the Registration Dates?

Registration is simply required before you begin employment.

Is A License Required?

Yes, you have to be registered with the state board before you can apply to a pharmacy.

The Kansas State Board of Pharmacy Information
Office: 800 SW Jackson Street, Suite 1414
Topeka, Kansas 66612
Telephone: 785-296-4056
Fax: 785-296-8420

Are There Any Professional Associations?

The Kansas Pharmacists Association, which can be found at

What Are the Requirements To Become Licensed?

  • First you need to submit an application to the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy, requesting your registration as a pharmacy technician. The application can be found here. After that you will have to take a 20 question exam that is given by your pharmacist in charge. You have to get a passing grade higher than 75% within 30 days of getting your registration.
  • There is also a nonrefundable fee of $25.

Will There Be Training Required?

Yes, the pharmacists that are in charge will be responsible for this training and keeping accurate records as well of the training.

What About Continuing Education Requirements?

No there are not.

When Is Renewal Required?

Biennially, or every odd numbered year. The pharmacy technician licenses are going to expire on the 31st of October of the renewal year. Those renewal applications are going to be sent by the board to the home address of the pharmacy technician. There are none of them available online. Don’t forget about the $25 renewal fee either.

What If I Move or I change Jobs?

Just report the change of address to the state board within 30 days.

Here Are A Few More Tips:

  • The pharmacist that is in charge is the one responsible for the actions of everyone in the pharmacy.
  • The certificate of registration of every pharmacy technician must be displayed in the pharmacy and visible to the public at all times.
  • There is usually a ratio of two pharmacy technicians for every pharmacist. But there can be three of them if two out of the three pharmacy technicians have been certified by a board approved program.

Spread the love